Staff Pick - Steve
For me it's indispensable. It alerts you when something is coming up from behind, giving you enough time to assess whether you need to make space or take space enough to be safe. The tail light flashes with more intensity when alerted and when paired with a Garmin head unit it can tell you if there is one or multiple objects coming up on you. I don't have it on 100% of the time but I never ride without it!
- See and be seen with Varia RTL515 rearview radar with tail light.
- It pairs with your Edge bike computer, other Garmin device or compatible smartphone to alert you of vehicles approaching from behind up to 153 yards (140 meters) away.
- When used with your compatible smartphone, the Varia app helps increase your awareness with vibration alerts and more.
- With daylight visibility up to 1 mile, motorists will be able to see you from a distance.
- The radar’s compact vertical design allows for device mounting on most road-use bicycles.
- Peloton mode provides a low-intensity flash that is kind to other riders’ eyes when riding in a group.